A Note from Dad
Throughout Grace's 8 years in life she and I have talked a lot about planning, learning, saving and being smart. She has an entrepreneurial little spirit and a huge heart. She always wants to do lemonade stands, hot chocolate stands, performing extra chores, learning in school and trying new things. In June of 2016 she saw me updating my own website and she very sweetly inquired if she could have one too.
After some discussion with Michelle (Grace's mom and my wife) Grace's Smiling Faces was born. Because Grace loves to draw, loves to help people, and loves to plan for the future, this is a perfect fit. (She also likes to buy normal kid stuff like toy carriages, stuffed animals and treats, so this helps her be responsible with that as well.)
In the end we told Grace that we would be her investors if she promised to
1. Never take out debt. (even for school)
2. Always reserve the first earnings to do good. (she does 10%)
3. Always reserve the middle earnings for school. (she does 60%)
4. Always spend the last earnings wisely. (she does)
5. Always make people smile. (she does)
6. Always be honest. (she is)
Grace sweetens my day every day, and I really hope that you give her the opportunity to sweeten yours too. Hopefully Grace's Smiling Faces helps her make more people happy, build a college fund and simply make the world a great place.